Six years ago, I was enjoying my new life in Japan, and had become close friends with someone I thought would make an ideal life partner. Unfortunately, we were both attached to other people.
Five years ago, we were attached to each other, but I was wondering if we had a future together. Less than two months later we were married.
Four years ago, I was struggling with infertility, and beginning to regret having waited so long to get married and start a family.
Three years ago, I was in the first trimester of my pregnancy. While I was certainly happy, I was also afraid that I didn’t have what it takes to become a good mother. Six months later I gave birth to Evan.
Two years ago, I was struggling with postpartum depression (but didn't know it at the time). I wasn’t enjoying motherhood very much (not that I expected it to be all sunshine and daisies) and was seriously questioning if I’d made a big mistake in getting married and having a baby.
One year ago, I was mourning the loss of the baby that wasn’t to be. But just two months later we learned that Elise was on her way.
Now my family includes two sweet children and a husband who not only lets me sleep in in the morning, but also fixes us all bentos while I do.
And I’m grateful.

3 comments:
You've been truly blessed & it couldn't happen to anyone that deserves it more! You go girl! And Happy Mother's Day to a very good mom! Coleen
母の日オメデトウ!(カードが届くの遅れますので)かなでチャンの服といっしょになってしまったんでネ。本当に良かったですねー、Eliseに救われて。。。。Super Babyのおかげで少しは赤ちゃんをEnjoyできて。子供二人じゃ大変ですけれど、幸ちゃんにたくさん応援してもらって子育て頑張ってください。私も幸ちゃんにはいつも感謝してます。(写真を見ていて涙が出るくらいうれしいです)。本当にアンタは恵まれてますよーーー。Happy Mother's Day!!! May God Bless You Always!
Thank you Grandmas!
To be honest, there's a part of me that's waiting for the other shoe to drop, but for the most part I'm definitely enjoying this easy baby that I've been blessed with. I'm looking forward to having her meet you someday (although it may be a few years before I can manage a trip to both Oregon AND North Dakota...).
Post a Comment