Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Okinawa

We've been in Okinawa for almost two weeks already, and I'm finally getting around to posting. While I do, Evan is entertaining himself.

Within days of our arrival, a typhoon came and greeted us. We didn't realize how strong it was until the next day when we saw the damage it did around town.


Here's Evan as the typhoon was reaching its peak.
台風をバックに撮ったつもりの煌心の写真。台風であることがちょっと分かりにくい…


It looks like a foggy day, but that's heavy rain blowing sideways.


Evan wasn't fazed at all by the typhoon. After taking an early shower (the power went out for a few hours so we bathed while it was still light out), he jumped around and played to release some of that pent up energy.
台風なのに怖がることなかった煌心。停電したから早めにお風呂に入ったけど、遊び足りなかった煌心はそれからも汗びっしょりに。



A day or two later we visited a local zoo/nature park. The adults weren't impressed by the facility (in fact, I think they're waaay overdue for a government inspection), but Evan enjoyed himself.

台風が去って数日後、近くの自然動物園に行ってきた。そこではすっかりおばさんに慣れた煌心がいた。


The highlight of the visit was the train ride around the park. Evan and Elise both enjoyed it.
公園には機関車風の乗り物があって煌心は大喜び。Daddyが来たときにも乗る約束をしたよ。






On Friday last week one of my cousins came to visit with her two kids. It didn't take much time for Evan to make friends with them. Unfortunately, I didn't get very many good pictures. I thought taking pictures of one active kid was hard, but add a couple more, and it's impossible!
金曜日はいとこが2人の子を連れて遊びに来てくれました。年も近いしすぐに仲良し、やっぱり子供同士で遊ぶのいいね。





After the cousins left, my aunt and I took the kids to a local park by the ocean. Evan LOVED this park. I did, too.
その後市の児童センターにある小さな公園へ…煌心はすごく気に入ってた。








The next day we headed to Naha to spend the night with my cousin and her family. Evan was excited to be visiting his new friend.
週末になって今度はいとこのおうちへ行ってきた。









I probably mentioned before that we've been having a lot of trouble getting Evan to eat anything. Sure he's getting by somehow, but I honestly don't know how. Anyway, for lunch before we left for home Evan managed to eat a plate of pasta, so we took a picture.

沖縄に来て最初の2、3日は煌心があまりにも寂しそうで連れてきたこと後悔したけど、今はすっかりこっちの生活に慣れて楽しんでくれてるからやっぱり来てよかったなぁと思っている。後はDaddyが来てくれるのを待つだけ!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Glad you're all having a good time! The kids look like they are enjoying it. You too! I'm sure Dad will be glad to see them again. Have fun - I keep checking for pics so this was great. Love C

happy.papa5 said...

ええ写真や。アップしてくれて、様子が伝わって嬉しい。