Thursday, February 7, 2008

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone♪

Random Picture

Maybe it was the beautiful weather today, but I'm feeling much better about things. Of course, talking out my concerns with the midwife helped, too.

She watched Evan nurse (of course he did a good job with an audience), checked out my supply, weighed him and plotted his weight on the growth chart, and concluded that we were fine and that I should continue to breastfeed. The truth is she didn't give advice I hadn't already read somewhere, but it was good to talk to a real person.

I think I'm still going to gently work on getting Evan reacquainted with the bottle, so that if I need to be away from him (I haven't been to my monthly thyroid check-up since November) he won't go hungry.

Ko-chan was nice enough to take the day off tomorrow (Yay! No early morning bento making!!) so I'll have some support for the next few days. I'll actually be able to eat and go to the bathroom (not at the same time, of course) without setting the baby off!! And I'll have time to upload more photos and write happy posts.

Oh, a new development...it appears Evan's no-fold eye lids (in an earlier post I inaccurately called it a one-fold) now have a fold. Well, at least his right eye anyway. I thought at first that he was just sleepy, but he's had the fold for the last three days, so it may be permanent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Isn't it interesting how much the weather can affect us? I am so glad that you are back to realizing that you can provide everything that Evan needs, including basic nutrition and love. We're happy that you're happy!!