Saturday, April 26, 2008

6 months (Part 2)!!

Since most of the last post was about Evan's napping and his improved mood, I still need to write about some other developments.

His new thing right now is making funny faces, babbling, and sucking on his toes. The funny faces and sucking can be seen in this video.



Last year we saw our friend Mei in her little jumper, and thought Evan might enjoy one, too. I wasn't sure if Japanese homes could handle the kind that hangs in doorways, so we opted for the free standing kind. Here's Evan's reaction the first time we put him in.



About a month later, he's come to enjoy it a lot more...



Let's see, what else...Evan still hasn't rolled over, and doesn't really seem in much of a hurry to. He can sit very very briefly (he's quite wobbly still), but it'll probably be a while before he can sit on his own. He laughs a lot, and especially enjoys a soft head bump. Lately he's fascinated with details on Mom's and Dad's clothing.

We started attending a Mom-and-me type of English class. It's all stuff I can do at home (and actually had hoped to do for a living once Evan got a little older), but we joined anyway to get out of the house a little more (and to expose Evan to other people's English). He seems to enjoy it, but 45 minutes is a little too long for his attention span.

Oh, and I think he may have caught his first cold. I know I have.

No comments: