Friday, April 11, 2008
Solids
It's been one week since Evan started solids, and he seems to be enjoying it. We're still getting used to rice cereal/rice porridge, but I hope to be introducing other things soon.
I'm actually looking forward to making my own baby food, although I did buy a few packs of veggie baby food I can't get fresh (Lau: thanks for the tips on homemade baby food...I'm thinking about bananas and avocados next!). The baby food books I bought have tons of easy but exciting recipes. There are a few recipes I'm not quite sure about because they include ingredients that typically aren't introduced to American babies until they're a year old, and since I have a few food allergies myself I think I'll stay on the safe side and skip those recipes.
In any case I'm quite certain that Evan will be enjoying a much healthier diet than his parents...I really need to get my butt in gear and start cooking real meals before Evan's old enough to share our food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment