Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Days

Officially, the rainy season isn't over, but we've had so little rain (well, ok, we've had rain, but for the most part they've been at night) that it feels like it ended before it really began.

We were waiting to get the pool out until after the rainy season, but we changed our minds because it's been so hot.

Here are a couple of pictures from BEFORE we decided to get the pool out. I thought Evan could just splash around and play with his water toys, but no, he had to get in the tub.


Anyway, the next day I gave in and put air in the pool. Evan definitely had much more fun with that. And Elise sat poolside, probably wanting to join in. She'll have to wait for the weekend when there are four adult hands.


Elise LOOKS unhappy, but actually she's concentrating on her newest discovery, her own feet.

As usual, she was happy to smile for the camera.



Oh, if you're thinking, "Wow, we need to send Evan some swim shorts," thanks, but it's not necessary. He's got swim shorts, I just don't put him in them when we're at home. Evan still doesn't seem to have much control over his bladder (one day last week he happily spent one hour on the toilet, first thing in the morning after waking up with a dry diaper, and did not pee until he was in his pull-ups), so I'm hoping that letting him play in the water without pants will help me help him recognize the feelings that go along with peeing. I really would like to see him trained by the end of summer...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful & looks very contented! Love Grammy Kerrigan

Anonymous said...

I love Evan's 'fig leaf' also. I think he's definetely outgrown the wash basin! What a cutie! Grammy K

becca said...

they're both so sweet. chubby elise is SOOO cute! love those baby cheeks and those baby feet! it looks like a lovely pool..kai would LOVE one of those! hope the toilet training is successful! is he interested? if not he might just not be ready for it yet. I think next time round I'll try EC-elimination communication- have you heard about that?

champuruu ちゃんぷるー said...

Thanks Grammy K & Becca!
Becca, yeah, it does seem like Evan's not quite ready. We introduced him to the potty a loooong time ago, but I may have missed my opportunity last summer when I was dealing with morning sickness and didn't feel up to the task. We plan on putting him in preschool in November, and they said they'd like him to be trained by then...Oh, and yes, I have heard of EC, and I'm actually planning on following a loose interpretation of it with Elise!